Since my kids are off of school for spring break this week, and we didn’t have any big plans for the break (which I don’t think they were too happy about), I wanted to at least venture out and take them to see a movie. Having absolutely no idea what Zootopia was about other than it being a, “kid-friendly movie”, I figured we’d hit the matinée and see what all the hype was about.
Now, I love a lot of Disney movies and cartoons, but I have to admit, I also find myself browsing my phone when we go to see a, “kids” movie in the theater, especially when I have no clue what it’s the movie is about. From the first few minutes of the movie, I knew I was going to love it. Why? Well, first of all, it started out with an inspirational tone from the get go. And, you all know how much I love inspirational and motivational words. This was one movie that taught some great life lessons to people of ALL ages, young and old.
Zootopia was filled with comedy, drama, inspiration and even a little bit of suspense. Yes, I said, suspense. Trust me, I actually found myself jumping at parts and getting slightly impatient while waiting to see the outcome.
Friends, if you haven’t figured this out yet, I’ve officially declared Zootopia as my new favorite kid-friendly, family friendly and adult-friendly movie. It was so much more than a cartoon, and I would highly recommend it to those who don’t even have kids. Here are 20 life lessons this movie brought out, making an impact on both myself and my children.
- Never be afraid to pursue your dream.
- No matter what anyone else says, Always believe in yourself.
- Never give up.
- People will talk you out of your dreams. Don’t let them.
- Always think positive and give your best effort.
- You are always in control of your own destiny.
- Do good deeds. They will come back to you.
- It’s never too late to change for the better.
- Change starts with you.
- Never be afraid to apologize and admit when you’re wrong.
- Watch your words. Sometimes words can cause pain.
- Life is full of challenges. It’s never as simple as a bumper sticker.
- Embrace people’s differences.
- Your parents may have a different dream for you. It’s ok to disagree with that dream.
- There really are wolves in sheep’s clothing.
- Don’t trust everyone you meet.
- It’s ok to give 2nd chances.
- Don’t be too quick to judge.
- Never underestimate another person’s abilities.
- Everyone has a story that makes them who they are and why they do the things they do. Again, don’t judge to quickly.