I’m always keeping my eyes and ears open for natural products that provide amazing health and wellness benefits. With all the processed and chemically enhanced products out there, it’s refreshing to see there are still all-natural alternatives that deliver real results. Essential Oils are a definite hot topic these days.
Whether it’s being heard on social media or just through conversation among friends, I’m hearing nothing but encouraging words and outcomes when it comes to using essential oils.
The other day while having lunch with my girlfriend, who has seen positive results from acupuncture, massage and natural supplements for her stomach issues, I asked her if she’s had experience with essential oils. Well, that question turned in to a big part of our lunch conversation. Not only does her doctor use essential oils as part of her treatment plan, she swears by one in particular for stress management. She even asked her husband for a necklace for Christmas that is specifically made for essential oils Imagine that – having a fashion accessory right that is not only pretty, but provides well-being with one little inhale. Ahhh, sounds heavenly! By the way, there are a variety of ways to diffuse EOs and many to choose from depending on your style, decor and personal preference.
Well, since I knew absolutely nothing about the specifics of essential oils, I wanted to know more, especially about which ones are good to have on hand for specific concerns. I was most interested in finding out which oils help with back, sinus, sleep and stress issues, since those are my daily struggles. And, I have a feeling there are a ton of other peeps who have the same, if not, similar, daily struggles. So, hopefully this post will be a great, informative tool for you, too! These are the must-have essential oils, in my book.
Stress, Depression, Anxiety (diffuse, inhale, massage and/or add to bath):
- Bergamot, : Uplifting scents that helps with feelings of anxiety, sadness and pain
- Basil: helps with fatigue, anxiety and depression
- Frankincense: Slows down breathing and helps with anxiety, fear, stress and nervous tension
- Geranium: Works as a natural sedative and helps release negative emotions
- Jasmine: Flowery scent with uplifting properties
- Lavender: “Cure all” Great for headaches, migraine, fear, anxiety, nervousness, fear, insomnia
- Marjoram: Eases feeling of fear, anxiety, loneliness, grief and rejection
- Palmarosa: Reduces nervous tension and anxiety
Sinus – all help with sinus pressure and infection (Neti Pot – see instruction here, inhale, diffuse, bath, massage):
- Tea Tree
- Sweet Basil
Back Pain (apply 2-3 drops topically to affected area)
- Birch or Basil: provides immediate relief
- Basil, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Roman Chamomile, Rosemary or Wintergreen: Reduce inflammation
- Lime, Marjoram or Roman Chamomile: Relax muscles
- Cypress, Eucalyptus, Geranium or Lemon: Increase circulation
Insomnia (add oils to pillow, bath or diffuser)
- Marjoram – Only one that works for sleep disorders
- Valerian Root
- Clary Sage
Recipe: Mix together 3 tablespoons of Jojoba carrier oil & 3 drops of lavender into diffuser