And just like that, Valentine’s Day 2017 is just about over. Like many others who noted on Facebook today, I do agree that we should be showing the love, everyday. But let’s face it, life happens. It’s busy, it’s hard work and time gets away from us. So, it is nice to have at least one special day carved out of the year, to focus completely on the people we love.
I was spoiled with a little Kate Spade, a dozen roses, a beautiful card and a dinner out with my whole crew. So, what did I love the most? Well, I loved everything, but I especially loved the card. I’m just a words girl, I can’t help it. And with that said, and with Valentine’s Day 2017 coming to an end, I can’t help but share some of my favorite love quotes from some of my favorite romance movies of all times. The quote above may not necessarily be from a movie, but it’s one that speaks to me every time I come across it, so I had to put it front and center.
Epic Love Quotes From Epic Movies
- Gone With The Wind – “No, I don’t think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That’s what’s wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.”
- On Golden Pond – “Listen to me, mister. You’re my knight in shining armor. Don’t forget it. You’re going to get back on that horse and I’m going to be right behind you, holding on tight and away we’re going to go, go, go!”
- When Harry Met Sally – “I love that you get cold when it’s 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you’re looking at me like I’m nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it’s not because I’m lonely, and it’s not because it’s New Year’s Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”
- Serendipity – “You don’t have to understand. You just have to have faith… faith in destiny.”
- Say Anything – “What I really want to do with my life – what I want to do for a living – is I want to be with your daughter. I’m good at it.”
- Some Kind of Wonderful – “Because I’m driving you crazy and you’re driving me crazy and I’d rather not see you and have you think good things about me than have you see me and hate me. ‘Cause I can’t afford to have you hate me, Keith. The only things I care about in this goddamn life are me and my drums and you.”
- Pretty in Pink – “I just want them to know that they didn’t break me.”
- Pretty Woman – “In case I forget to tell you later, I had a really good time tonight.”
- Dirty Dancing – “Me? I’m scared of everything. I’m scared of what I saw, I’m scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you.”
- You’ve Got Mail – “The odd thing about this form of communication is that you’re more likely to talk about nothing than something. But I just want to say that all this nothing has meant more to me than so many somethings.”
- Good Will Hunting – “It doesn’t matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other.”
- Love Actually – But you know, the thing about romance is…people only get together right at the very end.
- Meet Joe Black – Love is passion, obsession, someone you can’t live without. I say, fall head over heels. Find someone you can love like crazy and who will love you the same way back. How do you find him? Well, you forget your head, and you listen to your heart. And I’m not hearing any heart. Cause the truth is, honey, there’s no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love, well, you haven’t lived a life at all. But you have to try, cause if you haven’t tried, you haven’t lived.
- The Notebook – “It was real, wasn’t it? You and me. Such a long time ago, we were just a couple of kids. But we really loved each other, didn’t we?”
- The Vow – “I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love.”
- New Year’s Eve – “Sometimes it feels like there are so many things we can’t control, earthquakes, floods, reality shows. But it’s important to remember the things we can, like forgiveness, second chances, fresh starts. Because the one thing that turns the world from a lonely place to a beautiful place, is love. Love in any of its forms. Love gives up hope, hope for the New Year.”
- 50 First Dates – “You erased me from your memories because you thought you were holding me back from having a full and happy life. But you made a mistake. Being with you is the only way I could have a full and happy life. You’re the girl of my dreams, and apparently, I’m the man of yours.”
- Bridges of Madison County – “This kind of certainty comes but once in a lifetime.”
- Titanic – “We live together, we die together. Love is all about holding tight till the end.”
- Valentine’s Day – “When you love someone, you love all of them. You gotta love everything about them, not just the good things but the bad things too. The things you find loveable and the things you don’t.”
- Crazy, Stupid, Love – “I’m so mad at you. I’m really mad at you for what you did. But I’m mad at myself too. Because I should not have jumped out of that car – I should have fought for you. Because you fight for your soul-mates.”
- Under The Tuscan Sun – “Unthinkably good things can happen even late in the game. It’s such a surprise.”