Styled Arrow has really become the place I go to when I want to take a break from life and collect my thoughts. It’s become my go-to place when I’m looking for a little alone time, peace and happiness. When I’m feeling the need for a new look or outfit, I just do a little online browsing and then blog about it. It’s definitely easier on the wallet that way, that’s for sure. Instead of running out and splurging on myself, I just share the love of the fabulous fashion finds and deals I come across. I mean, if I’m not taking advantage of some beautiful finds and deals, someone should be, right?
This blog is really the perfect combination of fashion, style and inspiration, which is why I always categorize it as a lifestyle blog and not just a fashion blog. Even when I’m chatting fashion and beauty, I usually also try to add a little inspiration in there, too. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t appreciate good words with great meaning. It’s food for the soul.
Life After Lies
Over the past four years, I’ve often struggled with finding peace and happiness after facing betrayal and divorce. Unfortunately, I still have to face demons in my life on a daily basis. Whether it’s from old memories, an email or social media, those demons have a way of really showing themselves. Through the years, I’ve had to learn to shut out negativity completely and recognize the difference between sincerity and manipulation. It’s unfortunate that those two terms are so opposite, yet, are often so hard to distinguish. I’ve also had to become very keen and aware of my surroundings, making sure that I never become fooled again.
Learning to live a life of peace and happiness is one of my resolutions for 2017 and beyond. I have to say, I love how I am able to recognize when I need to take a little breather and put out-of-control thoughts back in to control. Some people get stuck and so caught up in thinking ahead and the “what-ifs” of life, that they become almost paralyzed to their own thoughts. And, although it’s easy to do, it’s also easy to refocus and get back to a positive place, as long as you can recognize when it’s time to do so.
Here’s a list of some of my favorite things to do, when I’m wanting to, “be still”. Some of the suggestions contain affiliate link to products I love and highly recommend. Again, just sharing the love!
Recognize, Refocus and Get Back To Peace and Happiness
- Live in the NOW!
- Trust your journey.
- Journal your thoughts.
- Accept what you can’t control
- Surround yourself with good, positive people.
- Keep an essential oil roller bottle handy filled with mood enhancing oils.
- Read a good book. I know what’s on my “must-read” list: Carry on Warrior and Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton, author of the amazing blog, Mommastery.
- Plan a dinner date, manicure or shopping trip with a friend.
- Take a walk, exercise or go to the gym. I’m loving my Simply Fit Board these days. Easy and fun to do while you’re watching your guilty pleasure (which mine happens to be The Bachelor).
- Take a bath with of course a Lush bath bomb or bath oil, like ones I happen to love and mention, here.