This year seems to be flying by already. It’s so hard to believe that the warmer months are right around the corner, with shorts, sundresses and bathing almost upon us. I’ve always been one to do some mini home workouts before bed, but lately I’ve really been sticking to a few that are not only quick and convenient, but pretty fun, too. Here are a couple that have been added to my rotation and that totally bring me back to my younger years . . . the weighted hula hoop and weighted jump rope. Let me tell you, both of these activities are fun to do while watching your favorite show and are great cardio workouts.
Cutting back on sugars and carbs are another item added to my, “summer ready checklist”, which is a quite a battle since my sweet tooth always seems to win. But, I’m determined. In fact, last night we all went for ice cream, and although my mouth was watering, I avoided temptation and felt so much better the next morning. Now, don’t get me wrong, there is no way I’ll be able to avoid those yummy sweets all the time . . . and I wouldn’t want to. Life is way too short! I’ve realized that everything in life is about moderation. Moderation is definitely the key to a balanced life, for sure.
So what else is on my checklist besides daily exercise? Yummy, healthy recipes for dinner, lots of water, my yearly skin cancer screening appointment, a good skin care regimen and adding essential oils to my life.
Well, here is my plan and daily checklist to get ready for summer. And to be honest, it’s a checklist I should really continue and make a priority to follow all-year-round.
Click on the links for even more information on what works for me!
- Get annual skin cancer screening
- Apply vitamin E oil to nails nightly
- Pin and make healthy, low-carb recipes
- Take a hair, skin, nail multivitamin and probiotic daily
- Follow my Tone it Up plan more often. Their protein pancakes and snack ideas/recipes are amazing!
- Drink more water, avoiding sodas
- Do quick home cardio and ab exercises daily
- Add essential oils to my routine
- Use a facial mask 1-2/week.
- Continue my favorite skin care regimen