Well, this is definitely the year for life changes, and not just for myself, but for many of my dear friends, too. Almost 13 years ago, I, along with many others, built houses in the neighborhood we are in now. Yes, some have moved out and others have moved in, but we still have what I consider a, “family” here. We have been there for each other’s births, birthdays, job family celebrations, illnesses, divorces and many other of life’s crazy roller-coaster rides. And let me tell ya, I’m not exaggerating when I say, “crazy”. What a ride it’s been! We have texted each other for coffee, milk, play dates and created any excuse to host a party. I can honestly say that I have made the best of friendships and memories here in this neighborhood.
After hearing of another friend who will soon be moving out (so far there are 3 of us who have made offers within the past month on new houses right over the North Carolina border), a wave of emotions are hitting all of us with these new life changes.. A few “family members” sold their houses and moved out within the past couple of years and now a few more of us are getting ready to start a new chapter of our lives. We are all experiencing the same feelings of sadness, fear and overall excitement as we get ready to pick up our lives here and start fresh in a new, “hood”. We went from being pregnant, having babies, to now having children growing up more and more each day. Where did that time go?
So, here we go closing one chapter and opening a new. I’m actually getting more excited just writing this. And, since we’ve spent years building a solid foundation of friendship, THAT is not going anywhere. No doubt! We may need to put a little more effort in to seeing each other and texting back (yes, that would be me) . . . but, this friendship is, Rock Solid!
What Does All This Mean?
- New GNO excuses (not just birthdays)
- Family “housewarming” throughout the year (no need for just one)
- Crazy text chains about everything: kids sick, bowel movement problems, walk meet-ups, birthday party planning . . . oh, the list goes on. (can’t believe I’m saying this, since they drive me a little insane)
- New friendships meeting “foundation” friendships
- Yearly girl’s weekends (we can do this!)
- Making the “long” drive over the border. Just remember your water bottle and some bathroom breaks (insert sarcasm)