Boots have become one of my favorite things in the wonderful world of fashion. The styles, colors, details and various outfits you can wear them with, are simply, endless! Is it me, or do boots make you feel taller and a bit slimmer? I don’t know what it is, but they seem to flatter all shapes and sizes. In fact, I think you can safely say, that boots can really be a girl’s best friend.
When I’ve finished getting dressed and realize I want to wear a pair of boots with the outfit I’m wearing that day, I often find myself wishing I had a certain style. Now, don’t get me wrong, I do have a good selection to choose from, but, there are some styles I am still missing. It’s true, some outfits call for short boots, some for tall, some for more casual and some for a dressier style.
With that said, I’ve come to the conclusion that every lady needs (yes, I said, “needs”) 8 different styles of boots to meet all of their needs. So, here you go ladies. Here’s your guide to go by, so you can start building your very own, “boot wardrobe”. I’m sure you are lucky to have a few of these styles, but if you don’t, be sure to add them to your wish list. And here’s a secret, the boots above are all under $200! Believe me, I’ve added a few to mine, as well!
- Rain boot: When it rains, it pours and you need to be prepared! Rain boots these days not only keep your feet dry, but are super stylish, too! This boot by Betsey Johnson makes a statement and cost, $89.95
- Open Toe Sandal Boot: We love boots so much, we must have one for the warmer months, too. This one by Opening Ceremony is perfection!
- Ankle Boot: You need an ankle boot, like Sam Edelman’s above to wear with your skinny jeans and a long tunic. Or, cuff your jeans, and ankle boots will complete your casual look.
- Tall Fringe Boot: This style boot combines class with fun and is a little less conservative than your standard riding boot. Perfect for the “boho” look we love. This Carlos by Carlos Santana boot is one to swoon over.
- Wedged Boot: When you want to dress up a bit for the office or a night out with the girls, you’ll want something with a little more height like this Nine West Boot.
- Riding Boot: This is the staple of all staples in the boot world. Wear it with jeans, leggings, dresses and skirts, it is super versatile and a definite, “MUST”. You truly can’t go wrong with a style like this Elliott Lucca boot.
- Uggs: It’s the boot that’s the “go-to” casual, comfy boot. Perfect to run around in when it’s a sweatshirt and leggings kind-of-day. This Mini Bailey Bow-back boot will be your best friend in the fall and winter months.
- Cowboy Boot: Last but, certainly not least, every girl needs a cowboy boot when they want to get in touch with their fun, country-girl side. And even if you’re a city girl, the country girl loves to come out every now and then. These Dingo Tres Fringe Boots are a combination of cute country and sassy city girl. It’s the best of both worlds!