If you’re an October baby, you probably know that you have one of the prettiest stones as a birthstone, the opal. Unfortunately, Garnet is my birthstone and it just happens to be one of my least favorite stones. Oh well, we win some, we lose some.
I had an opal ring when I was younger, but the picks above blow mine out of the water. After learning the meaning behind this bling beauty, I love the stone even more and may just have to add a piece to my, “wish” list. Thanks to Google, I found some interesting tidbits on this pretty stone. Who knew . . .
Here are 8 incredible reasons to own an opal:
- It has a large proportion of water in it and is often called, The Water Stone.
- During times of transformation, it holds a lot of energy, so keep it close to your heart.
- The opal is supposed to help with memory and confusion.
- It’s water energy enhances self-esteem and self-worth.
- It’s a soothing stone that brings hope and inner peace.
- The opal is said to bring fidelity to love
- In crystal healing, the opal is said to be good for headaches, eyesight, Parkinson’s disease and the immune system.
- It comforts you during changes you may go through in life.
Now the important deats on the selection above (and yes, they have that loved boho flair) Some are definitely a little pricey, but a girl can dream right?
- Jennifer Meyer Yellow Gold and Opal Inlay Arrow Cuff with Diamonds • Jennifer Meyer • $5,800
- Kendra Scott Camilla Simulated Opal Earrings • Kendra Scott • $130
- Pippa Small 18-Karat Gold Opal Earrings • Pippa Small • $15,155
- WWAKE ‘Counting Collection – Three-Step Triangle’ Opal & Diamond Ring • $419
- PAMELA LOVE ‘Star Age’ opal 18k gold star ring • Pamela Love • $830–940
- Judy Geib Boulder Opal Ring-Colorless • $2,640