I have to say, I am quite the bargain shopper and love looking for new ways to save while online shopping. This past weekend I started browsing and shopping for Christmas gifts and definitely gave myself a little, pat-on-the-back with how I saved money, while I spent money. Sounds funny, but I promise, it’s true!
Looking for the best deals, researching and getting a hold of coupon codes, while also earning cash back when possible, is the recipe for saving while shopping, in my book! My kids get a little frustrated with me when I jump online and look for a coupon code, even if it’s for a simple and inexpensive pizza order, but hey, every little bit helps, right? Taking that extra 5 minutes to look for that code makes me feel like a million bucks. Especially when I come across one! I never whip out that credit card and finalize my online transaction without doing my due diligence.
Below is my 5 step recipe to save while shopping! It amazes me how so many people take shortcuts and just open their wallets without wanting to get the best savings. For me, the cash back savings is my motivation. I love seeing my Ebates “bank” adding up and knowing that a check will be sent to me for my efforts. As a single mom I’m not only helping my family out, I’m teaching my children about the value of a dollar, and that’s something we can all use a little help with!
- Research the best cost for where to make the purchase by doing a search in google.
- Always go to Ebates 1st and do your shopping directly through them. Majority of major stores are affiliated with Ebates, so, if you go to the store you are buying from, through Ebates, you will earn cash back! I promise, it’s legit and seriously a, NO-BRAINER!
- Research coupon or promotion codes for the store you are buying from, especially free shipping codes.
- Make sure you activate any cash back or promo offers with your debit or credit cards. For instance, right now I receive money back from Amazon and major department stores just by using one of my cards. SCORE! Now is the time to try to find a credit card that offers a 0% transfer fee AND cash back incentives. Discover Card is great with these types of offers and is currently offering a $50 cash back for enrolling with them!
- If you do get cash back with a card you have, use that card! You can use the cash back you earn, to pay towards your card purchase.