1. Driving 25 minutes to the nearest store isn’t considered an inconvenience.
2. Lightening bugs, squirrels and deer are as common as a dog or cat to us.
3. Mom and Pop “hole in the walls” are our favorite type of restaurant.
4. Seeing girls in their tennis outfits out to lunch seems, “out of the norm” and a bit “strange”.
5. Painted toe nails and smooth feet do not last long, because we prefer being barefoot.
6. Your high school friends married their high school sweethearts.
7. You still keep in touch with your high school friends, 20 years later.
8. Street lights and sidewalks are considered an added bonus.
9. You’ve mastered the art of newspaper covered tables, crabs, old bay and getting your hands dirty.
10. You’ve climbed a haystack or two during your childhood (or maybe even adulthood).
11. Some of your dearest friends are still your middle school and high school friends.
12. It takes about 30 minutes to get to the closest shopping mall.
13. You went sledding in cow pastures as a child.
14. It wasn’t uncommon to see an Amish family in their horse and buggy only 20 miles or so away.
15. The house you grew up in wasn’t on top of your next door neighbor’s house.
16. “Keeping up with the Joneses” was not important.
17. Loyalty was #1 when it came to friends and family.
18. You still consider your childhood home, “HOME”.
19. My kids think that driving fast on the back roads of grandma and grandpa’s house are just as fun as going on an amusement park roller coaster.
20. You can still go home and get lost for hours walking the wooded, dirt trails.