Yes, I’m an avid Bachelor/Bachelorette watcher. I’ve interviewed some fab ladies from past seasons, and I just find the crazy process not only intriguing, but completely entertaining. Now that the Bachelorette is over and Monday nights just won’t be the same (sigh), I wanted to take a little time to share my thoughts on Kaitlyn Bristowe. I have to admit, when it first started, I wasn’t completely a fan. Kaitlyn was bubbly, a big personality and well, when she kept Nick on, she definitely lost brownie points with me. He lost my vote on the last season of the Bachelorette and I wasn’t looking forward to watching him on the show, yet, again.
With all that said, I grew to actually respect and enjoy this lovely lady. She got a lot of heat for some of her decisions on the show. Yes, she, “got intimate” before the overnight dates, yes, it was with Nick and yes, she smooched a ton of men. But come on, let’s get real. This girl was looking for her soulmate and the man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. This is a big deal! The producers obviously pick men who would be compatible with Kaitlyn, so obviously there were going to be a lot of intense connections. And, don’t we all have to kiss a bunch of frogs in order to find our prince? And when I say, “prince”, I don’t mean, Prince Charming. Go here to read why I don’t believe in Prince Charming.
Ok, back to Kaitlyn. Throughout the show, Kaitlyn seemed real, honest and raw with her feelings. She not only made mistakes, but she admitted to them. Here are 20 reasons to love Kaitlyn Bristowe. This girl truly deserves some kudos. Those haters out there were rough on her, and we hate bullies!
1. She doesn’t take life too seriously
2. She has a great sense of style.
3. She showed compassion throughout the show
4. She not only laughed with the men and at the men, she laughed at herself, too
5. She stayed true to her feelings
6. She made mistakes
7. She owned admitted to her mistakes
8. She remained open, honest and upfront with the guys
9. She has thick thin
10. She listened to her heart
11. She didn’t let other’s opinions sway hers
12. She stood up for herself
13. She forgave those who hurt or disrespected her
14. She seemed truly there for the right reasons
15. Family is important to her
16. She didn’t shy away from the criticism
17. She wasn’t afraid to show and share every emotion she was feeling
18. She was relatable
19. She stayed true to herself and her decisions
20. She picked the right guy