Mother’s Day is in 2 days. I was going to write a post on last minute gift ideas for the moms in our lives. But then I thought, since special days are always popping up, why not broaden the topic to include ALL the women in our lives . . . our moms, sisters, girlfriends, daughters . . .
I’m sure I’m not the only one who often finds themselves shuffling around for the perfect gift. We’ve let time get away from us and all of a sudden, it’s a day before a birthday, anniversary, housewarming party, or even a teacher appreciation day. Don’t you hate when that happens! I do! And unfortunately, I never seem to learn. I’m left with no time to order something online and not a whole lot of time to search for the perfect gift. Yes, I know, you can relate.
I am a huge fan of meaningful gifts, inspirational gifts and also, handmade gifts. DIY gifts do not have to be something that are extremely time consuming, expensive or difficult. Actually, they can be quite the opposite. And, meaningful gifts are often more appreciated than something like a gift card. Don’t get me wrong, we all love getting gift cards, but there is just something to be said about a gift that is a little more, “warm and fuzzy” (and no, I’m not talking about a stuffed bear).
Here are some of my favorite ideas for last minute gifts. All are links, that when clicked, will either lead you to DIY instructions, the website that gives more deats about the product or ideas for the gift. These websites will also give you the location near you that sells the goodies, because remember, you won’t have time to order online.
1. DIY Burlap Wreath – This link brings you to Wiki instructions which I used to make the wreath above for my mom.
2. Alex and Ani – Popular charm bangle bracelets meant to “stack”. I’m in love with these.
3. Pandora Bracelets – Another popular charm styled bracelet and very different from Alex and Ani.
4. Chic DIY Frame Serving Tray – Super cute, super easy and lots of design possibilities.
6. Manicure in a Jar – Everything you need for a mani or pedi put together in a sweetly, decorated mason jar.
7. Inspirational Faux Leather Cuff Bracelet – Michaels is the place to go for this easy project. Lots of bracelets and inspirational words to choose from. Very simple to do – yet, looks pricey.
8. Magazine Subscription – The gift that keeps on giving. Order a subscription that fits their interest. Roll one up with a ribbon and subscription tag attached.
9. Monthly Theme Box Membership – It seems new box memberships are being thought of each day. Whether it’s a “beauty box”, “nail box”, “fitness box” or “jewelry box” (just to name a few), these themed boxes make awesome, unique gifts.
10. Framed quote or lyrics – Another simple, yet meaningful gift idea.